Student Health & Wellness Center - N51800
Is this an internal posting only?
Mon - Fri 8:00 am to 5:30 pm (to be determined)
Department Overview The University of North Texas Student Health and Wellness Center (SHWC) is a 44,000 square foot, state of the art, medical facility that is committed to promoting both prevention and wellness through health and medical education. Our licensed, medical staff and on-site physicians provide primary health care and additional services, including but not limited to:
* Acute care for accidental injury/illness
* Basic diagnostic x-rays
* In house CLIA certified laboratory
* In house pharmacy
* Behavior medicine
* Psychiatric assessments (with referral)
* Nutritional consultation
* Immunizations including flu shots
The Student Health and Wellness Center provides services to the University's over 33,000 students. In 2006, the SHWC received the AAA Drinking and Driving Prevention National Award and in 2004, the SHWC received the American College Health Association's Best Practices for International Student Health Care in the United States. For more information on our health services log onto www.healthcenter.unt.edu
This is a professional position as a Board Certified/Board Eligible Psychiatrist responsible for providing care for patients with various psychiatric/mental health conditions in a college health setting. This position involves clinical assessment/evaluation diagnosis treatment and management of patients in accordance with guidelines and general accepted standards of care in psychiatry.
* Provide psychiatric care to patients
* Prescribe appropriate psychotropic medications as indicated and authorize prescription refills
* Order and interpret laboratory tests as needed to monitor patients and their medications
* Develop and maintain effective professional working relationships with psychiatry residents, general medical staff and the psychologists from the UNT Student Counseling Center
* Produce complete and accurate medical records for each patient encounter using Electronic Medical Record system
* Participation in medical staff peer review
* Performs other related duties as assigned by Director of Clinical Services
The successful candidate will possess a Medical degree from an accredited medical school; Board Certification or Board Eligible in psychiatry from a recognized board of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA); current license by Texas Medical Board; Texas Controlled Substance Registration Certificate (DPS) and Controlled Substance Registration Certificate (DEA) to include Schedule II drugs; and three years of experience as a practicing psychiatrist.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Ability to practice medicine within the scope of license, training and credentials
* Demonstrated knowledge and skill in evaluating, planning, implementing individual patient care
* Knowledge of applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations governing the practice of medicine
* Ability to care for a diverse patient population
* Knowledge of appropriate safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please attach a resume and a cover letter with the online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Commensurate with experience
To apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/321787
University of North Texas - Denton, TX
Publication of an advertisement on this site is not to be considered an endorsement or approval by the Texas Medical Association of the product or service involved.
To report inappropriate ads, please email: Classifieds@texmed.org