CME: Thermal Ablation Therapies for Hepatic Tumors
CME/CE Credits Available:
9.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Over the last several years, advances in technologies available for thermal ablative therapies for liver cancer have at times surpassed practitioners' expertise, creating a gap in knowledge and technical skills. Exposure to these technologic advances offered in training programs for physicians in training and didactic and skills courses for physicians in practice is variable, and anecdotal experience is often insufficient to prepare physicians to properly apply these techniques. This course will provide physicians with both didactic education and hands-on skills related to recent and novel technologies available in the care of the patient with solid liver tumors including microwave ablation, electroporation, and percunav localization. The focus of this course will include fundamentals, applications, and limitations of each technology, as demonstrated and executed on animate models.
Hepatobiliary Surgeons, Interventional
- Recognize imaging characteristics of liver lesions
- Identify indications for thermal ablative therapy in patients with liver tumors
- Differentiate between modalities available for localization and thermal ablation of liver tumors and understand advantages and limitations of each
- Identify procedure-related complications
- Demonstrate proficiency in skills necessary to localize solid hepatic tumors
- Demonstrate proficiency in skills to perform radiofrequency ablation, microwave, electroporation, and GPS localization of lesions
Didactic Lectures, State-of-the art MITIE Skills Labs with Percutaneous, Open and Laparoscopic techniques using Porcine Models
For more information, please contact www.methodistcme.com, email@example.com or 713-441-4971.
The Methodist Hospital Research Institute
Publication of an advertisement on this site is not to be considered an endorsement or approval by the Texas Medical Association of the product or service involved.
To report inappropriate ads, please email: Classifieds@texmed.org